Submission Mentoring Program
The AISTATS 2022 organizing committee is pleased to announce a pilot program to assist underrepresented and/or first-time AISTATS submitters. This program will match submitters (mentees) with senior researchers (mentors) to provide targeted feedback on their AISTATS submission. Applications to receive/provide mentorship will be accepted on a rolling basis until September 20th, 2021 following this link.
To apply to be a mentee, please prepare a PDF of up to 3-pages with a draft/excerpt/extended abstract of your submission, and 2-4 names of senior researchers you would like to be matched with. While we cannot guarantee an exact match, we will try our best.
To apply to be a mentor, you should be an assistant professor+ (academia) or senior research scientist+ (industry). You can also nominate someone else. Mentors will be acknowledged on the AISTATS website.
- Sep 20: last day to apply to be a mentee/mentor. Matches made on a rolling basis up to this date, no later than 1 week after application is received
- Sep 27: mid-program check-in
- Oct 8: AISTATS abstract submission deadline
- Oct 15: AISTATS paper submission deadline
- Mentees and mentors are expected to communicate via email and/or video/audio chat
- We will check in around Sep 27 to see if the match is going well. Mentees or mentors can request a new match if needed at that time.
- Time commitment is ~1 hour/week until the paper deadline, or ~5 hours total.
Data sharing: For mentees, the PDF/extended abstract will be shared with senior researchers to organize a match. For both mentees/mentors, your contact info will be shared with your mentor/mentee once matched. Email email@example.com if you have any questions.